This is a maintenance release, with a few issues fixed by the users.
Thanks to Galfy Pundee, Alexander Boudkar and Alexey Borzenkov.
This is a maintenance release, fixing a number of issues.
Thanks to Shaun Lindsay, Nick Barkas, Andreas Blixt.
Update Feb, 7: 0.13.3 released
This release adds a new experimental gevent.httplib module that implements httplib-like interface on top of libevent http client. It also fixes a number of issues. Read the full changelog for details, get it from PyPI.
Thanks to Tommie Gannert, Örjan Persson, Alexey Borzenkov. Ralf Schmitt, Nicholas Piël, Elizabeth Jennifer Myers, Ned Rockson, Jon Aslund.
I’m pleased to announce that Gevent is now a member of The Software Freedom Conservancy. The SFC is a not-for-profit organization that provides financial and administrative assistance to open source projects.
Among other things, the SFC will accept the tax-deductible donations on behalf of Gevent that will go the project’s fund.
Thanks to Ralf Schmitt who worked with me on this release.
Thanks to the following people who provided patches: David Hain, Teh
Ekik, Dmitry Chechik, Alexey Borzenkov, Antoine Pitrou, Örjan Persson.
Thanks to everyone who reported bugs and participated in the discussion.
The full list of changes is available in the changelog. The major new additions are:
- gevent.server module to help you implement TCP and SSL servers. Check out the example.
- gevent.pywsgi — an alternative implementation of WSGI server, based on gevent.server. Unlike libevent-based gevent.wsgi it supports streaming, SSL, keep-alive connections.
- greenlet’s sharing of exc_info is worked around in this version.
- gevent.local is now working properly.
- socket.sendall() function no longer wastes memory by creating substrings of data.
- fixed reference leaks in core module.
Thanks to Ralf Schmitt, Ted Suzman, Luigi Pugnetti, Randall Leeds, Daniele Varrazzo, Nicholas Piël, Örjan Persson, Uriel Katz.
Update 2/Mar: Version 0.12.2 is released.
This release improves compatibility of gevent.socket with the standard socket a little bit more and fixes some of the installation issues that people reported on the mailing list.
Thank you for participating in the discussion, reporting the problems and suggesting the remedies!